Image ou texte alternatif

Image ou texte alternatif

HUN MusicRMN RadioTwitterS’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Rob Mayth Interview (April 2015)

Répondre au sujet    Rob Mayth News V³ Index du Forum » Rob Mayth » L'artiste en général Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
Rob Mayth Interview (April 2015)
Auteur Message
aj~

Masculin

Message Rob Mayth Interview (April 2015) Répondre en citant
http://zdobrejwoli.blog.pl/2015/04/30/z-dobrej-woli-rozmawia-robin-brandes-…

It's an interview with Rob Mayth that was done this April! I can't believe I didn't know about this! Shocked

Interesting outtake:

Citation:
7. I really don’t like to hear that some genre is dead. My favorite one it’s trance and I heard that many times about it. For me, it depends on fact that many people are looking only for well-known names. Two years ago, DJ Gollum made with DJ Cap a track called „HandzUp Isn’t Dead’. What can you say to people who are thinking otherwise?

Robin: A style can’t die. But what many producers do these days is to handle hands up not carefully enough – it’s not a style that deserves a discussion of death – we see the result in the question before. Madeon was also a hands up fan and now he is also one of my biggest ‚WOW-Guys’.

Did anyone know about this interview!?
Lun 3 Aoû - 13:56 (2015)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Lun 3 Aoû - 13:56 (2015)
paylesser

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

Amazing : ! Thanks dear for sharing Smile

Jeu 4 Aoû - 10:53 (2016) Visiter le site web du posteur
aj~

Masculin

This interview has probably been lost forever.

blog.pl, the blog service hosting the interview, was shut down at some point. I can't find the interview archived on any internet archive site.

If this interview has been lost, that would be incredibly sad. There were some really interesting things Robin Brandes said there, like the fact that he'd been talking to Porter Robinson over Skype at some point, this thoughts on the kind of strange logic of the "hands up will never die" mantra, and his thoughts on musicians/producers like Porter and Madeon that were (still are!) fans of hands up. He talked about him wanting to experiment and try new things (you know, like he's been doing with hands up since 2004). I think there was something about avoiding stagnation which was related to that. He'd also talked about Years Of War being one of his favourite songs from Porter's album Worlds.

Funnily enough I was told by someone at some point before the release of his Years Of War remix that there was a Rob Mayth remix coming related to Porter (I think it was that? There might've been less information than that, he might've not said it was related to Porter), and I vaguely remember suspecting that Years Of War might've been the song he was remixing. I'm sure I wasn't 100% sure though (hindsight bias is a thing).

Anyway, if this is lost forever, that would be awfully sad. I regret not trying to get it archived on some archive site (like archive.is) while it was still up, but as the saying goes, "hindsight is 20/20", and you can get the illusion that things on the internet will stay up forever. I don't think there's much we can do about it not being on internet archives, I can only dig around to see if there's any chance someone else archived it or if the publishers/interviewers are still around and have a copy.

Ugh...

Crying or Very sad
Mer 19 Sep - 18:09 (2018)
Contenu Sponsorisé

Message Rob Mayth Interview (April 2015)

Aujourd’hui à 02:40 (2018)
Répondre au sujet    Rob Mayth News V³ Index du Forum » Rob Mayth » L'artiste en général Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation